For the first time, the public get to choose each state’s first winner of the People’s Choice Award category. Decided by your votes, the inaugural ACT People’s Choice winner will be announced alongside the judged winners at the awards ceremony on the 10th September.
It’s easy to vote.
Visit http://act.landcareheroes.com/, have a look at the nominees, then choose the “vote now” option to cast your votes.
The nominees (listed in alphabetical order) are:
- ACT NRM Council
- ACT otherWISE
- Australian Sustainable Schools Initiative
- Billabong Aboriginal Corporation
- Bushfire Recovery “Adopt A School” project
- Cooleman Ridge Parkcare Group
- Corinbank Festival
- Farrer Ridge Parkcare Group
- Greening Australia Capital Region – ACT Land Keepers Project
- Gudgenby Bush Regeneration Group
- Gudgenby Ready-Cut Cottage Residency project
- KinderARTgarden – Reid Preschool
- Lanyon High School
- Maryke Booth – Individual Landcarer
- Nicholas Lever – Young Landcare Leader
- Pialligo Apples
- Rabbit Warren Mapping project
- Tanya Rucosky-Noakes – Community Support Award
- Vic Grosvenor – Quiet Achiever Award
- Waltraud Pix – Individual Landcarer
The ACT Landcare Awards are part of the 2009-2010 National Landcare Awards with state and territory winners from each category automatically becoming finalists in the 2010 National Landcare Awards.