ACT Health invites you to a series of free seminars on issues affecting older people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Seminars on different topics are held regularly and are in English.
All interested members of the community are welcome to attend. The Community Partners Programs Officer can arrange for many topics to be presented to any CALD group with an appropriate interpreter if desired.
- 10 February -Buddhism – Amy Rayner
- 17 February – Alcohol and Older People – Amanda Coslett
- 24 February -What is Dementia? – Michele Hawkins, Alzheimers Australia
- 3 March -The Impacts of Dementia for the Person withDementia and his or her Family and Carers – Michele Hawkins, Alzheimers Australia
- 10 March -Understanding Changed Behaviours and Strategies for Managing Them – Michele Hawkins, Alzheimers Australia
- 17 March -Communication and Dementia–Michele Hawkins, Alzheimers Australia
- 24 March- Dementia Behaviour Management Advisory Service – Dr Tony Jones, Alzheimers Australia
- 31 March – Person Centred Carein Action–Dr Tony Jones, Alzheimers Australia
Seminars are held 9.30am to12.30pm at Pilgrim House, 69 Northbourne Avenue, Civic. Bookings are essential. If you would like more information or wish to book, please contact the Community Partners Program Officer, Ailsa Turrell, on 6205 4794 or email@example.com on Mondays or Wednesdays.