Once again, the National Trust (ACT) in collaboration with the Reid Residents’ Association (RRA) and the owners will open three privately-owned houses and gardens from the 1920s & 1930s in Reid’s Heritage precinct. The houses and their gardens, which have not been previously opened, will be available for inspection. Meet the owners and view inside the houses and also their gardens. The houses comprise a Federal Capital Commission Type 4, a Dept of Interior Type P, and a privately built house for a church in Reid.
The ticket price includes:
- a guided tour of the three houses and gardens,
- a copy of The Heritage of Reid by Shibu Dutta,
- an introductory talk on the Reid Heritage-listed Housing Precinct by a Heritage architect,
- a printed hand-out on each house & garden, and
- a delicious afternoon tea at the Reid Pre-school, which first opened in 1944.
More information: https://www.nationaltrust.org.au/event/11th-anual-open-houses-gardens-in-reid/ – Reid Open Houses & Gardens, 13 Nov 2016, 1:30 am — 4:30 am-