Date: Wednesday, 16 November 2011
Venue: ACT Sport House, 100 Maitland, Street Hackett
Our guest speakers for the 2011 NCCC AGM will be Sherry McArdle-English and Frank van de Loo, who are primary producers (truffle farming and vineyard) at the northern end of Majura Valley. They will be talking about their experiences on the land and opportunities to expand primary production in Majura Valley. This is a topic dear to the heart of NCCC as it feeds into local healthy food production, and has the potential to make the ACT less reliant on food imports.
The talks will be followed by the election of office bearers for 2011-12. All positions will become vacant. Nominations for positions can be notified to the current committee prior the AGM or taken from the floor on the night. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in nominating to be on the committee for 2011-12.
NORTH CANBERRA COMMUNITY COUNCIL INC.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2011
ACT SPORTS HOUSE, HACKETT
7.30PM, 16 November 2011
1) Welcome, Attendanca and Apologies
2) Guest speakers: Majura Valley truffle farmers and grape growers Sherry McArdle-English and Frank van de Loo.
3) Confirmation of minutes of 2010 Annual General Meeting, and actions arising
4) Confirmation of minutes of September General Meeting, and actions arising
5) Chair’s report
6) Treasurer’s Report
7) Election of Committee and Public Officer
8 Receive and consider:
- (a) the audited statement of accounts for the financial year 1 January to 31 December 2010;
- (b) a copy of the auditor’s report in relation to the association’s accounts;
- (c) a report stating the name of each member of the committee; principal activities and any significant change in the nature of those activities; and the net profit or loss for the most recently ended financial year.
9) Appointment of Auditor
10) Other business:
- Motion that General Meetings continue to be held at 7.30pm on the third Wednesday of each month.