The Department of Territory and Municipal Services as part of their ’round town initiative is hosting the ‘Mother’s Day Party in the Park 2010’ event which will feature an amazing stage show line-up:
Date: Sunday 9 May
Time: 11.00am – 3.00pm
Where: Glebe Park, Canberra City
Cost: Free Event
Celebrate mum’s special day with a fun family outing in one of Canberra’s most beautiful urban parks.
There’ll be market stalls, special giveaways and pampering opportunities for mum.
The packed program includes:
- The ‘Robbie Williams Experience’ – a live Robbie Williams tribute show
- A fantastic performance by Soul Juice playing all your favourite pop, motown and disco hits
- Interactive Latin dance
- World dance shows
- Massage clinic by Om Shanti College*
- Many market and pamper stalls
- Mini golf course
- Australian reptile exhibition
- Kids craft activities
- Temporary Tattoos
- Pony rides and giant slide*
- Exciting rides and activities
- Toddler activity centre
- Animal farm and much more!
*charity fundraising activities- funds raised for the Hamlin Fistula® Relief and Aid Fund
Competitions and prizes too!
A great selection of food will be available for purchase, including barbeque, vegetarian curries, Turkish gozleme, Greek kondosouvli, South American & Spanish foods, Egyptian delights, Dutch pancakes, fairy floss, snow cones, gelatos, ice cream, cakes, and great coffee! You can also treat mum to a glass of sparkling wine!
The event will be held at the southern end of Glebe Park, close to the Canberra Convention Centre and Glebe apartments.
|11.40am||Latin fusion dance|
|11.45pm||The Robbie Williams Experience|
|1.30pm||Mum’s Talent Time|
|1.35pm||Reggaeton & Zumba|
|1.50pm||The Robbie Williams Experience|