INQUIRY INTO RESPITE CARE SERVICES IN THE ACT
HAVE YOUR SAY!
INVITATION TO MAKE A SUBMISSION
The Standing Committee on Health, Community and Social Services is conducting an inquiry into respite care services in the ACT and would like to hear from anyone with an interest in this inquiry, particularly users of respite care services and carers.
Written submissions are requested by 26 March 2010, and public hearings are expected to begin in April 2010.
If you would like to participate in this inquiry and are not able to prepare a submission, please contact the Committee Secretary, to make alternative arrangements.
The terms of reference for the inquiry are:
To inquire into and report on government and non-government respite care services in the ACT, with particular reference to:
- the Auditor General’s Report, No 3 of 2009, Management of Respite Services in the ACT
- the needs of care recipients (including children, teenagers and adults with a disability, elderly people, people with mental health issues and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds) and their carers
- the needs of staff who provide respite care, including working conditions and training
- the range, availability and suitability of respite care services, including any unmet need
- the interaction between government and non-government providers of respite care
- the experience of service users who utilise government and non-government providers of respite care
- any other related matter.
Please find attached the Committee Office Guide to participating in inquires, Making a Submission or Appearing Before a Committee of the
Legislative Assembly for the ACT, and a Committee Office brochure, Getting Involved in Public Inquiries.
Further information about providing a submission or participating in the inquiry, is available from the Committee Secretary, Ms Grace Concannon, on 6205 0129 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
[scribd id=27358182 key=key-mcgkypaazemx70pw3ji]
[scribd id=27358192 key=key-2fr409xoh1jtbvwtv5fo]