Come learn about the proposed wetlands for Dickson and Lyneham while sampling scrumptious, local and organic food and wine, and indulging yourself in the work of local designers and artisans at the Inner North Community Fair, taking place from 11am to 3pm on Sunday, 16 May, at Hawdon St Oval, Dickson.
The Fair, hosted by the Department of the Environment, Climate Change, Energy and Water, will also feature:
- an enchanted wetlands area for the kids with unicorn rides, crafts & games etc.
- vibrant entertainers
- Indigenous dance and smoking ceremony
- Ephemeral Lounge, sit back relax, read a magazine, or listen to
- live music provided by the Canberra Musicians’ Club & Ecopella
- pre-loved clothes and other wares for sale
- a clothes swap (so bring some along!)
- a fashion parade featuring the 3 leading fashion houses in pre-loved apparel (Material Pleasures, House of St Vincent, and the House of Salvos)
- a recycling station (so bring your unwanted old mobiles, batteries, corks, even bikes! )
- Rumour has it that the Daleks may even make an appearance!
Come browse the many stalls and displays showcasing sustainable living ideas, from electric bikes and photovoltaics, to gardening tips and chooks!
The wetlands are a $13.9 million ACT Government initiative to improve water quality, enhance wildlife habitat and supply storm water to irrigate nearby sports grounds and schools to ease demand on potable water supplies.
For more information, contact the Fair Coordinator, Hilary Thomson on 6207 5849 or the Urban Waterways Coordinator, Edwina Robinson on 6207 5520.
[scribd id=31129094 key=key-28e39g1f0w2kqpgy6yz5 mode=list]