The next general meeting of the North Canberra Community Council is at 7.30 pm Tuesday 21 June 2016 in Majura Function Room, Majura Community Centre, 2 Rosevear Place Dickson
- 7.45 pm: Meegan Fitzharris MLA, Minister for Higher Education, Training and Research; Minister for Transport and Municipal Services; Assistant Minister for Health.-We have asked the Minister to prepare answers to the following questions:
- Will the Minister publish the CIT audit reports?
- When and how will the Government meet its commitment to a 10.5% public transport journey-to-work mode share by 2016?
- Which areas of north Canberra will have shorter, similar or longer public transport journey times after Capital Metro commences operation? – taking into account walking times to and from bus or tram stops, on-road travel times, walking times between bus and tram stops, waiting times at pedestrian signals, waiting times for connecting services, and the need to allow for connecting services that may arrive late or depart early?
- Committee decisions since the previous General Meeting
- Treasurer’s report
- Residents’ Associations
- Combined Community Councils
- Capital Metro Community Reference Groups – Civic and Dickson
- Dickson Section 72, “Parklands”
- Planning and Development Forum
- Community Aviation Consultative Group
- Change of name to “Inner North Canberra Community Council”
- A formal role for residents’ associations?
- Nominations for ACT Heritage Awards
- The National Trust of Australia (ACT) invites NCCC members to submit a heritage project to this year’s heritage awards.
- The scope of projects that can be nominated is very extensive ranging from reports to building conservation or adaptation and all aspects of heritage including indigenous and natural.
- Nominations close on the 30th June 2016.
- Further details and nomination forms are available at https://www.nationaltrust.org.au/news/2016-national-trust-act-heritage-awards/
The North Canberra Community Council is supported and funded by the ACT Government.