AGENDA: NORTH CANBERRA COMMUNITY COUNCIL GENERAL MEETING 7.30 pm TUESDAY 21 July 2015
Majura Function Room Majura Community Centre, 2 Rosevear Place Dickson – click for map
- GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- Meegan Fitzharris, Labor MLA for Molonglo
- Asbestos Response Task Force
- We have asked Ms Fitzharris and the Asbestos Response Task Force to respond to the questions at Attachment 1 below.
- Attendance and Apologies
- Declaration of conflicts of interest
- Confirm the minutes of the preceding General Meeting 16 June 2015
Actions arising from the Minutes
Committee decisions since the previous General Meeting
- Treasurer’s report
- Planning and Development Forum
- Any issues to raise at the forthcoming meeting in August?
- Community Aviation Consultative Group
- Section 72 (east of the Dickson swimming pool)
- OTHER BUSINESS
Possible submission on proposed redevelopment of ACT Hockey Centre
Possible NCCC Submission on National Capital Plan Review
Dickson intersection improvements
Any other business
Nominees for light rail reference groups
Close of meeting
Attachment 1: Questions for Meegan Fitzharris and the Asbestos Response Task Force
We have asked Ms Fitzharris to respond to the following questions:
- In relation to the governments publication Engaging Canberrans – A guide to community engagement (2011)what is the government doing to ensure all directorates act in accordance with what is put forward in the publication and what is being done to ensure all directorates understand and are trained in effective best practice community consultation methods and what evaluation plan is in place to measure the use of the guide and effectiveness of community engagements across directorates?
- The Heart Foundation, and others, have highlighted the importance of Open Urban Space for the good health and community well-being of residents in cities as they densify. What is the government doing to ensure that all Canberra residents have easily accessible open urban space within close proximity to where they live?
- How can we re-simplify the Territory Plan?
We have asked the Asbestos Response Task Force to respond to the following question:
“What steps is the Government taking to protect residents, tradesmen and neighbours from these exposures to asbestos, and to monitor the health of people who have been exposed to asbestos during renovations or demolitions of asbestos-containing Non-Mr-Fluffy houses?”