ABC News ran an interesting story in their 09 October 2009 evening news bulletin reporting on an innovative solution adopted by the Australian National University to address the student accommodation shortage in the ACT.
The units are fully furnished for either singles or couples and comprise:
- Bathroom – one per unit. Accessible units feature appropriately modified bathrooms
- Kitchen – under bench oven, bench top ceramic hot plates, kitchen exhaust fan, full size fridge, sink with drainer, stone bench tops
- Study area – desk and chair, book shelves, internet connection via the ANU network
- Bed – king single for studios, queen-size bed for the 1 bedroom units
- Wardrobe – as appropriate to both singles and couples
- Security – electronic
- Heating – electric panel heating . All units are thermally and acoustically insulated.
- Balcony – all units have one balcony – some one bedroom room units have two balconies.
- TV – wall mounted, with access to the ANU channel network.
- Phones – one per unit
More information canbe found on the ANU Student Accommodation web page
Note: copyright of the material in the clipping resides with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Usage permitted in accordance with the Australian Copyright Act 1968, Section 42: Fair dealing for purpose of reporting news. Source: ABC News Online – 09 October 2009
abc news is of course one of the most reputable news sources these days ;“
great Modular Student Accommodation – http://www.quicksmarthomes.com/quicksmart-systems.htm