Agenda: North Canberra Community Council General Meeting
7.30 pm TUESDAY 17 May 2016
Majura Function Room Majura Community Centre, 2 Rosevear Place Dickson
The North Canberra Community Council is supported and funded by the ACT Government.
- GUEST PRESENTATION
Emma Thomas, Director-General, Capital Metro Agency
[Note that Minister Meegan Fitzharris is unable to attend.]
- STANDING ITEMS
- Attendance and Apologies
- Confirm minutes of previous General Meeting
- Declaration of Committee conflicts of interestM
- Mike Hettinger: ACT Labor party member. O’Connor Community Inc.; voting member of the Labor Club
- Leon Arundell: Living Streets & Conservation Council
- Greg Zwajgenberg: Brindabella Christian College.
- Marcus Hipkins: lives on Chisholm St, which may be affected by traffic issues.
- Geoff Davidson: member of the Environmental Defender’s Office.
- Denis O’Brien. ALP member.
- Committee decisions since the previous General Meeting
- Treasurer’s report
- Residents’ Associations
- Combined Community Councils
- Draft Transport Policy
- Capital Metro Community Reference Groups – Civic and Dickson
- Dickson Section 72, “Parklands”
- Planning and Development Forum
- Community Aviation Consultative Group
- Proposed changes to the NCCC Constitution
- Discussion of a paper on constitutional changes that are proposed for the October 2016 Annual General Meeting.
- GENERAL BUSINESS
- Motion: placement of 40 km/h signs – “The North Canberra Community Council requests the ACT Government to review the placement of 40 km/h speed limit signs in the Dickson Shopping Centre, and introduce complementary road markings, to improve compliance with the 40 km/h speed limit.”
- Motion: pedestrian crossing on Majura Avenue – “The North Canberra Community Council requests the ACT Government to install a pedestrian crossing of Majura Avenue, between Cowper Street and Wakefield Avenue.”
- Motion: Draft North Canberra Community Council Transport Position Paper. – “The North Canberra Community Council endorses the draft transport position paper that was circulated prior to the meeting.”
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS