Legal / Site Terms & Conditions:
THIS SITE AND RELATED SERVICES SUBJECT TO YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY
© 2011 North Canberra Community Council Inc. All Rights reserved.
All pages within this Internet site (“Site”) are the property of North Canberra Community Council Inc. (“the Author”). Permission (which may be revoked at any time) is granted to download or repost the material on this Site without alterations for private use and news reporting providing the source of any material used is properly acknowledged.
All other content and data, including data entered into this website added after installation, are copyrighted by their respective copyright owners.
All trademarks, service marks and logos used in this Site are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners.
THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SITE-RELATED SERVICE, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE LICENSED OR PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE, OR ANY SOFTWARE OR CONTENT DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON INFRINGEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY WARRANTY THAT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES DESCRIBED HEREIN IS PROVIDED SOLELY BY THE OWNER, ADVERTISER OR MANUFACTURER OF THAT PRODUCT AND/OR SERVICE, AND NOT BY THE AUTHOR. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE AND/OR RELATED SERVICES WILL NOT BE FREE OF INTERRUPTIONS. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND SITE-RELATED SERVICES.
THE AUTHOR IS NEITHER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES.
A possibility exists that the Site could include inaccuracies or errors. Additionally, a possibility exists that unauthorized additions, deletions and third parties could make alterations to the Site. Although the Author attempts to ensure the integrity and the accurateness of the Site, it makes no guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the Site. In the event that such an inaccuracy arises, please inform the Author so that it can be corrected.
This Site may contain Embedded Content or links to other Web sites operated by third parties (“Linked Sites”). You acknowledge that, when you view Embedded Content or click on a link to visit a Linked Site, a frame, existing or new browser window may appear that contains the logos, advertisements and/or other content selected by the Author. You acknowledge that the Author neither endorses nor is affiliated with any 3rd party Embedded Content or the Linked Site and is not responsible for any 3rd party content that appears on Embedded Content or the Linked Site. You also acknowledge that the owner of the 3rd party Embedded Content or Linked Site neither endorses nor is affiliated with the Author.
For all entities, material from this Site may be included in extract, providing it and its source is fully acknowledged, for the purposes of criticism or review and/or reporting news as is allowed under the provisions of the AUSTRALIAN COPYRIGHT ACT 1968 – “An Act relating to copyright and the protection of certain performances, and for other purposes”.
This site may also occasionally contain copyrighted material the use of which may not always have been specifically authorised by the copyright owner. The Author makes such material available in its effort to better advance the understanding of the issues in which it is involved. The Author believes this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material, but agrees to remove such material if a formal request is received in writing from the appropriate copyright holder or their nominated agent.
If you believe that any of your intellectual property rights have been violated (e.g., your copyright or trademark infringed) by material available on this site, you will need to provide, at a minimum, the following information immediately:
- The nature of your complaint and an exact description of where the material about which you complain is located within the site;
- In the case of a copyright/trademark dispute, identification of the copyrighted/trademarked work that you claim has been infringed and a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright/trademark owner, its agent, or the law;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that the above information is accurate and, in the case of a copyright/trademark dispute, that you are the owner of the copyright/trademark involved or are authorized to act on behalf of that owner; and
- Your electronic or physical signature.
Void Where Prohibited
Although the Site is accessible worldwide, not all products or services discussed or referenced in the Site are available to all persons or in all geographic locations or jurisdictions. The Author reserves the right to limit the provision of any product or service to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction it so desires. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Author against any and all claims, damages, costs or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this Agreement, (b) your violation of the Code of Conduct and/or (c) your activities in connection with the Site or Site-related services.
Code of Conduct
While using the Site or Site-related services, you agree not to:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site and services;
- Post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or harmful information of any kind;
- Post or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component;
- Post or transmit materials in violation of another party’s copyright or intellectual property rights; or
- Alter, modify, change, hide or otherwise obfuscate your identity as used for registration or contribution on this site in any manner or form.
- Undertake activities that violates any applicable laws or regulations not specifically referenced herein.
The Author has no obligation to monitor the Site or Site-related services. However, you acknowledge and agree that the Author has the right to monitor the Site and Site-related services and to disclose any information necessary to operate the Site properly, to protect itself and to comply with legal obligations, applicable legislation and/or official governmental requests.
You agree and certify that for the purposes of registration and contribution on this site all contact and identification details you provide provide to the Author are true and correct in every particular.
The Author reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that are unacceptable, offensive or in violation of this Agreement. The Author also reserves the right to prohibit any user who, in the Author’s sole discretion, violates the Code of Conduct or other terms of this Agreement from using the Site and related services. Such prohibition may occur without notice to the user.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Author against any and all claims, damages, costs or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this Agreement, (b) your violation of the Code of Conduct and/or (c) your activities in connection with the Site or Site-related services.
You acknowledge and agree that, by submitting any resource, link, information, content or other materials (“Content”) to the Author, you grant to the Author a royalty-free nonexclusive, worldwide license to link to, publish, reproduce, distribute, adapt, perform, display and sublicense the submitted content and otherwise use the material in any way that the Author wants in any media. Further, by submitting Content to the Author, you acknowledge that you have the authority to grant such rights to the Author.
It is important to note, that you still own the copyright to everything you contribute. This means you are perfectly free to take what you have produced and re-publish or use it somewhere else.
Submissions which include the following content are prohibited:
- Content involving nudity, including but not limited to, nudity or partial nudity of children of any age.
- Content that exploits children or minors or that discloses any personally identifying information beyond a first name about persons under the age of 18.
- Content that disseminates personal information about another individual for malevolent purposes, including libel, slander, defamation or harassment.
- Content that has as its sole or primary purpose to advertise a particular product or service that, in the sole judgment of the Author, does not otherwise have redeeming value to the community. The Author may allow the uploading of some such content for a fee, at its sole discretion. Such advertising content may be treated differently than other content (i.e. through indications that it is an advertisement, or exclusion from some indices or searches).
- Content that is or may be deemed to be grossly offensive to the community, including but not limited to, blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred and profanity.
- Content promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities.
- Content depicting cruelty to animals.
- Copyrighted content or material that is used without the express permission of the owner.
- Content intended to abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others (such as the rights of privacy and publicity).
- Content that contains software or other material protected by intellectual property laws unless you own or control the rights thereto or have secured all necessary consents and/or licenses.
- Content or other material that contains viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of this sites servers or another users computer.
- Content that violates any applicable laws or regulations not specifically referenced herein.
Any submission that you make that is considered by the Author to be primarily political in nature may be considered for publication on the site in accordance with the requirements of the ACT Electoral Act 1992. Such submissions require direct attribution when published with your given, family name and your normal suburb of residence or other authorisation in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
All submissions, regardless of nature, source or content, are held for moderation and approval by the Author prior to publication on this site.
Making Donations, Payments and Purchases
If you wish to make a donation, license or make purchases of products or services described on the Site, you may be asked by the applicable merchant or service provider to supply certain information, including but not limited to credit card or other payment information.
You agree that all information that you provide to any such merchant or service provider will be accurate, complete and current. You agree to pay all charges incurred by users of your account and credit card or other payment mechanism at the prices and rates in effect when such charges are incurred. You will also be responsible for paying any applicable taxes relating to your purchases. Moreover, you agree to review and to comply with your obligations under the applicable legislation, terms and conditions of any specific agreement that you enter into with the Author, merchant and/or service provider in connection with the licensing or purchase of any product or service or donation.
Correspondence Contact Details
North Canberra Community Council Inc.
Postal: PO Box 396, Dickson ACT 2602
E-Mail: [email protected]
Email – No Spam Notice
All email addresses published on this website are provided to facilitate legitimate communication. In accordance with the Spam Act 2003 you are advised that these addresses may NOT be used for unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
Website Privacy Statement
This policy establishes how the Author will use information we gather about you from your visit to this website. The Author seeks to adhere to the Guidelines for World Wide Websites developed by the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please contact:
Privacy Officer – North Canberra Community Council Inc.
Postal: PO Box 396, Dickson ACT 2602
E-Mail: [email protected]
When you browse this website, our system automatically makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address Top level domain name (e.g.: .com, .net, .gov, .au etc)
- The type of browser and operating system you used
- Date and time of your visit
- The previous site you visited (referring site)
- Which pages are accessed
- The time spent on individual pages and the site overall
- Which files were accessed, viewed or downloaded
- Generally, no direct attempt is be made to identify individual users browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where an applicable legislation requires, or a government law enforcement agency exercises a warrant to inspect our web server’s log files.
We may also use third party analytical software (Google Analytics) to collect and manage information about your visit to our site. We abide by the Terms of Service in using this product.
The Author collects no personal information about you unless you voluntarily participate in an activity that asks for information, such as:
- Sending an E-mail
- Registering to comment on this site
- Actively participating in any other information gathering process through subscriptions, questionnaires, feedback forms, comment forms or any other means
Collection of data will enable the Author to determine a visitor’s interests, with the goal of providing better online experience and overall service to members and site visitors.
Use of Personal Information Collected
Any personal information you chose to provide will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided.
The Internet is an insecure medium and users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet. Information submitted unencrypted via e-mail or web forms may be at risk of being intercepted, read or modified. If you do not wish to e-mail or send an online form to the Author you can send postal mail to the address outlined in section entitled Contact Details.
Other Linked Sites
This site contains links to other sites. The Author is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. Links to other web sites are checked to be current at time of publication. Given the fluid and dynamic nature of the internet, no guarantee is offered that these links will remain current after the initial publication.
This web site (excluding any linked third party sites) is controlled by the Author (or their agent) from premises in the Australian Capital Territory, Australia. By accessing this site, you accept that any disputes about this web-site or its contents are to be determined by the courts having jurisdiction in the Australian Capital Territory, Australia in accordance with the laws in force in the Australian Capital Territory, Australia (except any principle of conflict of laws inconsistent with this requirement).
This web site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. The Author makes no representation that the content of this web site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access this site from outside Australia, you do so on your own responsibility and are responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws in the place where you are located.
In the event that any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
The section headings contained in this document are included for convenience only, and shall not limit or otherwise affect the Legal / Site Terms & Conditions.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and any and all written or oral agreements heretofore existing between the parties hereto are expressly cancelled. This Agreement may be supplemented or modified by any license or other agreement used in connection with any software or other product that you download, license or purchase through this Site (“Other Agreements”). Except with respect to such Other Agreements, any modifications of this Agreement must be in writing, except that the Author may modify the terms of this Agreement at any time by posting such modifications on from a page link of the Site entitled “Legal”, or on a page headed “Legal” and/or “Legal / Site Terms & Conditions” at which time the modification immediately takes effect.
[Last update 4 May 2011]