After thorough assessment against ACT planning requirements the planning and land authority has approved the revised Dickson Coles Supermarket proposal, Gary Rake Deputy Director-General of the Environment and Planning Directorate announced today.
“I am pleased that we have been able to make a decision on this application, which will provide two new supermarkets for the inner-north community,” Mr Rake said.
“Today’s decision takes into account aesthetics and design issues as well as community concerns raised during two public consultation periods.
“The development will be an asset to the local community and will integrate well with the current Dickson shopping precinct,” Mr Rake said.
The planning and land authority originally refused the Dickson mixed use supermarket development on 20 May 2015, following a number of concerns around the quality of the design and interface with the surrounding area.
Following the refusal last year the proponents have responded to both the Authority’s assessments and community concern. Key differences include:
The next general meeting of the North Canberra Community Council is at 7.30 pm Tuesday 21 June 2016 in Majura Function Room, Majura Community Centre, 2 Rosevear Place Dickson
- 7.45 pm: Meegan Fitzharris MLA, Minister for Higher Education, Training and Research; Minister for Transport and Municipal Services; Assistant Minister for Health.-We have asked the Minister to prepare answers to the following questions:
- Will the Minister publish the CIT audit reports?
- When and how will the Government meet its commitment to a 10.5% public transport journey-to-work mode share by 2016?
- Which areas of north Canberra will have shorter, similar or longer public transport journey times after Capital Metro commences operation? – taking into account walking times to and from bus or tram stops, on-road travel times, walking times between bus and tram stops, waiting times at pedestrian signals, waiting times for connecting services, and the need to allow for connecting services that may arrive late or depart early?
PUBLIC FORUM 16 June 2016
7.00 pm Albert Hall
Commonwealth Avenue, Yarralumla
Hear the Candidates’ views about:
- what should be the national responsibilities for planning in the ACT; and
- preserving the unique characteristics of Canberra as the nation’s capital.
Questions could cover:
- location of Federal departments in relation to impacts on town centres, employment, transport and parking;
- impact of recent changes to the National Capital Plan;
- heritage listing of Canberra in its overall design concept;
- ACT government projects that affect areas under NCA responsibility such as City to the Lake, Manuka Oval and West Tuggeranong.
Please show this to others who may have an interest
For further information please visit www.isccc.org.au or email: email@example.com
The ACT Government has advised that the industrial action previously advised for rubbish collection this Friday (27 May) WILL NOT TAKE PLACE.
This means residents whose bins are scheduled for collection on a Friday should put their bins out this week as per usual.
Please take a few minutes of your time to guide the future of transport in Canberra, by completing Transport Canberra’s Public Transport Survey at http://haveyoursay.transportcanberra.act.gov.au/public-transport-survey