The North Canberra Community Council offers the following presentation opportunities at its General Meetings:
Invited guest presenters: up to two presentation/Q&A sessions, of 30 minutes each. Each session will include up to twenty minutes of presentation time. We provide a PC, projector and screen, for PowerPoint or similar presentations
MLAs or election candidates
- Up to four presentation/Q&A sessions, of 15 minutes each, for presenters who give at least three weeks’ notice of their intention to present. Each session will include up to ten minutes of presentation time. Three weeks’ notice will allow notice of the presentations to be included in the meeting. Agendas that are circulated to NCCC members and supporters.
- Up to two presentation/Q&A sessions, of 15 minutes each, for MLAs or election candidates who give less than three weeks’ notice of their intention to present. These sessions will only be available if the 7.30-7.45 pm and/or
45- pm time slots are not occupied by presentations for which three weeks notice has been given.
Dates, times and venues
Meeting dates, times and venues are advertised on the www.northcanberra.org.au/ website, under “About > Meetings > Meeting Schedule and Venue.”
Priority and Duration
The Chair has discretion to determine the priority of presentations, and to extend the duration of presentations.
Recording of presentations
The Community Council reserves the right to record and publish any guest presentation, in order to make it available to constituents who were unable to attend the meeting.
Invited guest presentations for pre-Development Application Consultation will be scheduled only if the proponent provides the Secretary, at least three weeks before the meeting date, with the following information:
- Current location and zoning (e.g. CZ2) of the property;
- Aspects (if any) of the proposed development that will require changes to the Territory Plan;
- Current Territory Plan requirements that the proposed development would breach;
- Changes to the Territory Plan, if any, that are proposed in order to permit the proposed development (e.g. rezone the property, amend a Precinct Map, amend a Precinct Code).
The Standard Meeting Schedule will be as follows:
7 – 7.15 pm: Committee Meeting or – if four or more presentations are sought more than three weeks prior to the meeting – MLA/Election Candidate #4.
7.15 – 7.30 pm: Committee Meeting or – if three or more presentations are sought more than three weeks prior to the meeting – MLA/Election Candidate #3.
7.30 – 7.45 pm: General Business. or MLA/Election Candidate #2.
7.45 – 8 pm: General business, or MLA/Election Candidate #1.
8 – 8.30 pm: Invited Guest presentation #1, or General Business.
8.30 – 9 pm: Invited Guest presentation #2, or General Business.
9pm – end. General Business / Committee meeting.
As at August 2015