The North Canberra Community Council has a committee that is elected annually by the community of North Canberra. NCCC will consider all sides and positions on community issues and will endeavour to convey the concerns of the community to the government.
The committee comprises:
- Chairperson – Jochen Zeil – Email: Chair@northcanberra.org.au
- Deputy Chairperson – Jane Goffman – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary – Chris Finnigan – Email: email@example.com
- Treasurer – Bruce Smith – Email: Treasurer1@northcanberra.org.au
- Media coordinator: Marcus Hipkins – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee Members:
- Ainslie: Marcus Hipkins, Ian Hubbard
- Braddon: Ernestine Kirsch; Geoff Davidson
- Campbell Comm. Assoc.: Margaret Dudley
- Dickson Resident Assoc.: Peter Callan
- Downer Comm. Assoc.: Leon Arundell
- Hackett Comm. Assoc.: Waltraud Pix; Brook Clinton
- Lyneham Comm. Assoc.: Gordon McAllister; Timothy Holt
- O’Connor: Janet Wayn; Cathy Paver; Stephen Goodwin
- Reid Resident Assoc.: Marianne Albury-Colless
- Turner: Neil Parsons
- Watson Comm. Assoc.: Simon Clarke
NCCC Working Groups:
NCCC supports several working groups, specifically with attendance by a NCCC Committee Member or ordinary member as a representative on the working group. The working groups evolve and change on an as needs basis.
- Section 72 Dickson Working Group
- The Canberra Airport Aircraft Noise Consultative Forum.
- Transport Working Group
- The Hackett Round Table Working Group
The committee manages the day to day operations of the NCCC. This involves attending meetings to represent the community, dealing with phone calls, emails, letters and responses to submissions.
Members can nominate for a position on the Committee. Nominations for Committee positions should be signed by a Nominator and a Seconder, and accepted by the Nominee, as per the Committee Nomination Form. The Signed nomination forms should be submitted to the Secretary a week or more prior to the Annual General Meeting. Click for a nomination form.