The following is reproduced from the Canberra Airport Website:
Invitation for public comment – Publication of Preliminary Documentation under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999
The following notice is published pursuant to Section 93 of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act). The Infrastructure Upgrade and Construction at Canberra Airport, ACT, is to be undertaken by Canberra Airport, to improve aeronautical infrastructure, construction of a new traffic control tower and upgrades of roads.
The proposed action is a “controlled action” under the EPBC Act. The controlling provisions under Part 3 of the Act are:
- Listed threatened species and ecological communities (sections 18 and 18A); and
- Commonwealth land (section 26 & 27A).
The assessment will be through preliminary documentation and will be on display from 7 May 2009 until 3 June 2009 at the following locations:
- Woden Library, Corinna Street, Phillip ACT.
- Territory and Municipal Services, Macarthur House, 12 Wattle Street, Lyneham ACT
- Copies of the Preliminary Documentation are also available 3. to members of the public free of charge on the Airport’s website at www.canberraairport.com.au.
Canberra Airport will be accepting written comments on the Preliminary Documentation before 5.00pm on 3 June 2009. Please note that no submissions will be accepted after this time.
Comments may be submitted in writing to:
Contact: Gordana Josipovic
2 Brindabella Circuit
Brindabella Business Park ACT 2609
Tel: 02 6275 2222
Download a copy of the Preliminary Documentation under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.
Download individual attachments:
- Attachment A – Proposed development
- Attachment B – Natural Temperate Grassland
- Attachment C – Grassland Earless Dragon
- Attachment D – Golden Sun Moth November 2007
- Attachment E – Striped Legless Lizard
- Attachment F – Existing Structures and Roadways
- Attachment H – Proposed Conservation Area
- Attachment I – Northern Road
- Attachment J – Department of Defence Referral
- Attachment K – David Shorthouse
- Attachment L – Request for Preliminary Documentation
- Attachment M – Invitation for Comment
- Attachment N – Grassland Earless Dragon Transects
- Attachment O – Grassland in and around Canberra Airport
- Attachment P – 2009 Master Plan Referral
- Attachment Q – 2009 Preliminary Draft Master Plan
- Attachment R – 2004 Grassland Management Plan