The next meeting of the North Canberra Community Council is at 7.30pm at ACT Sports House, 100 Maitland Street, Hackett on Wednesday 18 June 2014.
- 7.30 pm: Proposed redevelopment of the Lyneham Motor Inn (39 Mouat St Lyneham) – Lauren Saunders, Knight Frank Town Planning.
- 8pm: ACT Shelter Forum – role of the NCCC in the 21 July forum on the the impact of public housing on the surrounding community – Leigh Watson, Executive Officer, ACT Shelter.
- Attendance and Apologies
- Acceptance of Draft Minutes of previous meetings March 19 and May 21 – There was not a quorum at either of those meetings and so no formal decisions were made. However if the Minutes are accepted will facilitate their publication on the NCCC
- Committee report
- Report on Committee decisions since the previous General Meeting.
- Treasurer’s report
BUSINESS ADJOURNED FROM MAY 21
- Acceptance of Minutes of 16 April meeting
- Acceptance; matters arising.
- Consideration of membership applications
- MOTION: That the presently pending membership application of a Raiders Club executive member be considered and decided no later than the Committee meeting arising immediately after the conclusion of the current ACAT matter regarding the Braddon Club site lease deconcessionalisation.
- MLA Steve Doszpot moved a motion on 14 May, calling on the Government to publish footpath maintenance schedules, and to prioritise older suburbs. The motion was defeated.
- ACT & Murrumbidgee Basin Priority Project
- Community issues to take next meeting of the Project Advisory Group, especially in relation to the six priority catchments of Yarralumla Creek, Lake Tuggeranong, Upper Molonglo, Fyshwick, Lower Molonglo and Riverview (west Belconnen).