Campbell residents have formed the Russell Reservists, a small group to clean up the bush between Campbell and Duntroon.
We work in the area enclosed by Blamey Cres, Vasey Cres, Holmes Cres, Northcott Drive and Constitution Ave.
Meeting time and place
We meet at the end of the lane between number 56 Vasey and number 58 Vasey Crescent, on the third Sunday of every month at 8.30 am. Residents and volunteers are welcome to join us.
Activities range from the strenuous to the more gentle:
- ‘frilling’ Cootamundra wattles and larger woody weeds
- cutting down woody weeds (like blackberry) and spraying the stem
- spraying out weeds like St John’s Wort using a backpack spray
- spraying out large patches of vinca (periwinkle)
We have the necessary equipment for lopping, digging and spraying. Volunteers should wear long trousers, stout shoes and a hat, and bring sunscreen, water and gloves. Morning tea is provided.
Affiliation and authorization
The group is part of the Mt Ainslie Weeders and its activities are authorized by ACT Park Rangers.
Get more information and add your name to the mailing list by contacting:
- Digby Gascoine 0438 317 919, email@example.com
- Peggy Douglass 0428 427 629, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toss Gascoigne 0408 704 442, email@example.com